The devil has duped us into believing that Friday the 13th is unlucky. You should always consider things in life which looks bad probably was good in the original form before the devil got a hold of it. If you really think things out, you will always find God’s truth in every situation. The devil always twists the truth to make you afraid or to get you to doubt the Word of God. If you are ready, here is truth. In the New Testament, the Lord listed 13 attributes of Himself. To know the Lord is to know Him by His attributes. Another Pastor calls the number 13 “God’s number” representing God’s unity and His love. If you look at it, Jesus called twelve disciples to Himself and the 13 of them went out TEACHING people how to view life through God’s eyes, HEALING everyone who wanted to change their condition because of their previously negative view, and DELIVERING people who were held in bondage all because of doubt and unbelief.
1. I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. John 5:43 Jesus came to right the wrong created when Adam disobeyed God and brought sin into the world.
2. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:35. The nutrients from taking bread and water into your body can sustain you throughout your entire life as you partake of it as your source of nourishment.
3. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12 To see clearly in this world of darkness you need light. Jesus becomes that light which allows you to clearly see through all the deception in the world today. This light will never lead you in the wrong direction.
4. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. John 8:18
5. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.. John 8:25. Something supernatural happened when Jesus was lifted up on the cross and died for our sins. He became our sin then took sin to hell and left it there as well as the death penalty for that you can live a holy life. Lift Him up!
6. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:58. When Moses was talking to the burning bush and ask whom shall he say sent him, God’s reply was I AM WHO I AM (Exodus 3:14). This is more proof that the Lord God and Jesus is one of the same.
7. Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. John 10:7,9. The door into life is through the womb of a woman. The devil did not come into the world that way. Jesus did and provided a way of life which you can be successful, if you pay attention to His voice and not the voice of disobedience.
8. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25. A benefit of being “saved” is eternal life. When you reverted back to the Lordship of God the Father, sin has no hold on you. It’s like living in heaven right here on earth.
9. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way,
10. the truth, and
11. the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
12. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. JOHN 15:1. Every branch feeds off of the vine for life and nourishment. If you aren’t being nourished by the Word, what kind of life are you enjoying?
13. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. John 18:37. He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.